Follow on Instagram: @HillaryIn2016

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Hillary Clinton is Running for President!

Today, Sunday, April 12, 2015, Hillary Clinton--former First Lady, Senator and Secretary of State--announced she is running for President of the United States in 2016!

She made the announcement on Twitter:

And here is the video of her announcement, titled "Getting Started":


I have been a supporter and fan of Hillary for years. When I was able to vote for President for the very first time, in 2008, I proudly voted for Hillary Clinton in the Washington State Caucus. By the end of that primary election, there were about 18 million cracks in that "highest, hardest glass ceiling," to quote Hillary herself. It's finally time to shatter that glass ceiling!

When President Obama was re-elected on November 6, 2012, I had the TV on and had all sorts of social media sites up on my computer following everything I could. At some point that night, I noticed that the hashtag #Hillary2016 was trending on Twitter. Before that point, I didn't really think Hillary would run again. But seeing that trending hastag had me getting my hopes up big time. The next day, I started the @HillaryIn2016 Twitter page, tweeting, "Now that President Obama's been reelected, let's focus on the 2016 race and supporting Hillary Clinton should she choose to run again."

Over the past two-plus years of tweeting from that account, what has really stood out to me has been the community of people all over the country and even the world, where we've all come together to share our support for Hillary and each other, and doing everything we could to set the groundwork for another campaign. I've had great conversations with other Hillary supporters online, and have even gotten into some debates with critics.

Up until now, my main outlet of showing support was through Twitter, along with some Facebook groups I've been a part of. But now that Hillary is officially in the race, I've decided to expand my social media presence. You can still find me on Twitter @HillaryIn2016, which is the site I'll be most active on. But now I'm also on Instagram @HillaryIn2016, and I'm also debuting this blog. Through all of these outlets, I hope we can have some great conversations, continue to build the community even more and work as hard as we can to elect Hillary Clinton as the 45th President of the United States!


Where You Can Find Me Online:
Twitter: @HillaryIn2016
Instagram: @HillaryIn2016


My Non-Political Online Presence:
Twitter: @TheJeffDodge
Instagram: @TheJeffDodge


Follow Hillary Clinton Online:
Twitter: @HillaryClinton
Facebook: Hillary Clinton

No comments:

Post a Comment